[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]GNDC is fully committed in providing a safe working environment for its employees, contractors and visitors, and protecting the environment in the communities where it operates whilst maintaining the highest standards of Health, Safety and Environment management within the company.
GNDC recognizes that by integrating Health, Safety and Environment leadership into all aspects of its business, the company’s core function of managing the Kuwait oil and gas resources can be improved for the benefit of the State of Kuwait, its employees and stakeholders.
GNDC will achieve this through
1. Meeting or exceeding all applicable Health, Safety and Environment legal and other obligatory requirement to which GNDC subscribes. Where adequate laws or regulations do not exist, GNDC will adopt its own standards in line with industry best practices to safeguard human health and protect the environment.
2. Designing, operating and managing its facilities to demonstrate effective health and safety management, promote pollution prevention, energy conservation and optimization.
3. Assigning clear roles and responsibility for all employees, providing necessary training, emphasizing the belief that HSE management is everyone’s responsibility and empowering all employees to maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
4. Setting appropriate HSE goals and targets in line with the company’s strategic vision, mission and objectives and providing adequate resources to achieve these through established HSE programs.
5. Encouraging and strengthening communication within the company and with suppliers, contractors, stakeholders and community towards implementing the HSE policy and relevant HSE requirements to prevent/minimize all types of incident, injuries, occupational illnesses and environmental pollution.
6. Recognizing good HSE performance as a core value and promoting a positive HSE culture to ensure sustainable development and business success.
7. Evaluating and monitoring the HSE performance results, investigating and learning from incident and proactively respond through periodic management review for continually improving the HSE Policy, Management System, its implementation and HSE performance.
The top management is accountable for communicating and complying with this HSE Policy.
The line management and staff responsible for the implementation of this HSE policy and accountable for their respective HSE performance.
STOP WORK AUTHORITY
ALL GNDC EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS AND VISITORS HAVE THE AUTHORITY, OBLIGATION AND RESPONSIBILITY TO STOP ANY OPERATION IF THEY FEEL THAT THE SITUATION IS UNSAFE OR THAT WORK IS BEING PERFORMED IN AN UNSAFE MANNER.
When an Employee, Contractor or visitor notifies a Supervisor of an unsafe act or condition, it is supervisors’ responsibility to either correct the safety issue immediately or protect the crew from Safety Hazard and then develop a corrective action plan to eliminate the hazard.
“ALWAYS REMEMBER ALL ACCIDENTS ARE PREVENTABLE”[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]